Search for posts by Jeffrey

Search found 6 matches:

Jeffrey

44, male

Re: Kevin Annett. wearing collars and taking dollars.

from Jeffrey on 04/18/2015 01:39 AM

Yeah don't bother unless you're cooking or doing laundry and need something to listen in the background.

Very little to no content.

I think there won't be any Clifford news until the trial.

Jeffrey

44, male

from Jeffrey on 04/17/2015 11:40 PM

You didn't listen to the Annett / Clifford post-bail interview?

The talk is all "divestment" (they really love that word), which seems to be a recognition that Freeman remedies do not work and simultaneously an attempt by them to create their own society outside of Canadian Jurisdiction but still on Canadian soil.

That seems to signal to me an attempt at making some type of Freeman compound.

Jeffrey

44, male

from Jeffrey on 04/17/2015 10:00 PM

I guess what I'm asking is not so much what the rhetoric is, but what does Annett's statement mean in real world terms.

Are they going to try to get some land and have some type of WACO or Ruby Ridge stand off with the cops?

Jeffrey

44, male

from Jeffrey on 04/17/2015 06:35 PM

Maybe someone can figure out what Annett's new Kanata think is about and what the nexus to Dean Clifford is?

Jeffrey

44, male

Santos Bonacci

from Jeffrey on 04/17/2015 01:09 AM

bmx asked me to do a little overview on Santos just to get discussion going.

Santos Bonacci first becomes popular in the alternative sectors of the internet with his Astrotheology videos, which I won't go into because it's outside the scope of this forum. Where Santos really enters the fray of the Freeman movement is with his arrest in January 2014.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/fine-toll-dodger-faces-jail/story-fni0fee2-1226813202374

The full story behind the arrest goes back a few years. As far back as 2013 or probably further back Santos had been absorbing Freeman ideas from Dean Clifford and Kate of Gaia, a relationship that took place over the internet (Santos being in Australia, Kate and Dean being in Canada).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmSDR8wEpow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlKqmrV8C3k

Where the Freeman beliefs led to problems for Santos was the "Right to Travel" aspects. Santos lives in Melbourne and in 2008 they got a brand new Freeway that allowed drivers to get from point A to point B a lot faster. In order to fund it however, the road charges a toll for users, which was the topic of political controversies down there as explained in the Wikipedia article and different newspaper articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EastLink_%28Melbourne%29

Now, Santos drove on those toll roads but didn't pay the toll. The Freeway uses automatic passes that charge you everytime you drive on it, same system used in the US. In Australia they're called Breeze Passes, in New York and a few other states they call them EZ Passes, Florida calls them Sun Passes, etc. Problem being, if you drive through the road without a pass, cameras record your license plate and send you a bill in the mail. Santos ignored those letters, and because of late fees, a trip that cost a few dollars became $144 per trip because of late fees and so at the time of the arrest, Santos owed $132,000 total.

Santos was arrested in January, had a hearing, got released on bail then had a second court date in July. Santos however decided not to show up to court in July at which point a bench warrant was issued. Santos claimed he did not have to go to court in July because he had paid off the debt with some stamps, a Freeman type "Accepted for Value" scheme which did not work.

Now the Herald Sun reported that Santos was facing 900 days in jail for the fines which might deserve some explanation. In Australia they have legislation that sets the ratio of fines to jail time. So for every $144 in fines, you can instead do 1 day in jail or, more interestingly, you can do 5 hours community service for each $144 in fines. Based on internet reports, the judge allegedly gave Santos the option of doing community service and spending no time in jail, but Santos chose instead to go on the run.

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/PubStatbook.nsf/f932b66241ecf1b7ca256e92000e23be/422B065241C9D35DCA25714D00222A7D/$FILE/06-012a.pdf

Since July Santos has been in hiding from police, successfully so far. He has made a number of internet radio appearances.

The latest news is that Santos was found guilty of contempt by the Victoria Supreme court. This was unrelated to the fines situation and in fact dates back to 2013. Santos basically tried to intervene on behalf of two guys who were growing and selling marijuana, both later pled guilty. I'll quote from the court decision:

The context, constituted by the Facebook page, the internet radio broadcast, and the seven emails, collectively, reinforces my conclusion that the specific purpose and intention of the respondent, in publishing each of those matters, was to interfere with the criminal proceedings before the County Court. In that way, each of them formed part of a campaign by the respondent to place pressure on and intimidate the court in the conduct by it of the criminal proceedings against Marks and Oleyar.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/abusive-fine-dodger-guilty-of-contempt-of-court-after-attacking-judge/story-fni0fee2-1227294527030
www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VSC/2015/121.html

So that's the basic state of affairs right now. Santos has warrants out for the traffic situation, not clear what the result of that will be. He also has a warrant out over the contempt of court conviction, not clear how much jail time that involves either. The Austlii link contains some information about how they tried to track Santos down, but he appears to be either hiding at an unknown location or moving from place to place. Australia is a big place so plenty of places to hide.

Jeffrey

44, male

Re: The Basic Definition

from Jeffrey on 04/17/2015 12:17 AM

I'd go for the basic definition being the Canada/UK/Australia derivative of the Sovereign Citizen movement in the states. With the basic tenet being defined by Menard and related founders of the movement. I.E. that you can unilaterally opt out of laws and legal obligations.

« Back to previous page